The Carrier is a fully adjustable, FM modulated signal generator. Plug The Radio training module inline with any cable terminated with an RJ-45 or RJ-11 style plug. The output signal’s strength, frequency, and amount of FM modulation are all individually controlled.
The Radio is protected up to 100V on its line interface, so there is no worry of damage to the device in a PBX or Ethernet environment.
Requires (1) 9V battery (not included).
- Adjustable frequency range from approximately 100 kHz to 700 kHz.
- FM modulated signal.
- Fully adjustable signal amplitude. Measurements below taken on an unloaded, twisted pair with a length of under 1 meter. Optimal performance will be on a blank line.
- MAX OUTPUT:
- 150 mVpp @ 100 kHz
- 700 mVpp @ 150 kHz
- 40 mVpp @ 700 kHz
- MIN OUTPUT:
- 40 mVpp @ 100 kHz
- 140 mVpp @ 150 kHz
- 20 mVpp @ 700 kHz
- MAX OUTPUT:
- Pro Tip: Signal strength will vary depending on length of line and loading.
- Configure output signal to connect to a maximum of 8 different conductors in a variety of combinations.
- 100VDC protection on line in/out interfaces.
- WARNING: If placed on an existing signal line, the Carrier could produce interference on the line.
For USG Purchase Only
Your order will be held until proof of USG affiliation is provided to Skinny Research and Development. Your type of purchase (government credit card, purchase order, etc…) will determine what type of proof is needed. Please contact us with any questions.